Well, I couldn't have asked for a better trip!
We got to Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport around 1:15 (our flight was scheduled for 2:05.) Billy let me out to go check in while he and Conner went to go park the car. Well, I got checked in. No Billy or Conner. I got my luggage checked in. No Billy or Conner. I let the agent know about Conner flying with me b/c they apparently don't ask detailed info about infants flying with you on cheaptickets.com. STILL no Billy or Conner. I'm starting to panic b/c the agent has already told me I need to go ahead and get to the plane. I go to the pay phone and start calling Billy. Finally they showed up.
We said our good byes :o( (I miss him already) and we go to the security check point. While I'm waiting there are some people arriving. Billy tried to call my cell phone and tell me it was the New England Patriots. I missed that call. Well, we get to the plane and it turns out it was the smallest plane I've ever been on. It had two rows on one side and one on the other. I get to my seat and luckily no one is sitting there in my row. No one ever showed up! :o) I had two seats to myself and Conner. I sit Conner down on the seat and he promptly falls over on the arm rest with a big thud...I just knew right then I was about to be the most hated person on that flight b/c Conner was going to start crying. But, he didn't. I was relieved! While we taxi down the runway he falls asleep and sleeps the whole way to Orlando.
When we land in Orlando he wakes up. I wait for everyone else to get off of the plane so I can do what I need to get out and not be in anyone's way. (I read that tip in an article) We have a 2 1/2 hour layover in Orlando so I go and eat at the Outback that's in the terminal. Conner is a perfect little angel the whole time! Not fussy or anything.
When I go to wait for my flight to Pensacola I hear, "Pensacola passenger, Melodie Brown, please come to the desk." I start to think they are going to tell me that I'm being put on stand by or something wrong. The man tells me that he doesn't like where they have me seated so he changes my seat to a seat with no one beside me...AGAIN! :o) I was so happy to hear that. I gave Conner a bottle on at the beginning of the flight and he slept the whole way to Pensacola. When we got off of the plane, a lady came up to me and said she didn't even know I had baby with me.
Conner is a good flyer. I promise I'm not making this up! :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment