He can spell his name! :) For the past couple of weeks I've been making him color sheets and putting his name on there. I would spell out his name and get him to say it with me.
Today, we were coloring together on some blank sheets of paper and I wrote his name and he said he was going to count the letters. Then, he started spelling his name by reading the letters off of the paper. I was super impressed!
Also, on Sunday evening we were at Bruno's getting grocery's and we were checking out when he says, "Mama, look number 3!"(the number of the check out line). That shocked me because I just thought he knew the number 2 from when we stayed at a hotel and we told him to push the #2 button to go to our hotel room. So, after that I asked him what the other numbers were and he called them out to me. All of them except #6. When I asked him that one he started getting silly.
I guess staying at home with him isn't so bad after all. He now knows all of his colors and shapes. He can spell his name by reading the letters and by memory. And he can recognize the numbers 1-5. I am very proud of him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That's great! Cameron calls himself 'Cam' and can spell it out loud, and type it. He knows his numbers by sight, colors and shapes too - so I guess me and you are doing a pretty good job after all :) I guess it also helps that we have smart lil boys!!!!
Bruno's.... flashback!! :) Shopped there when we lived in B'ham!
Post a Comment